This simple, 6-ingredient* salad dressing is delicious and takes only a few minutes to prepare. Enjoy on salads, buddha bowls, and vegetables that you’d serve with hummus (like carrots, broccoli, and bell peppers). Or consider using this dressing on a Delicious Chickpea Tu-“No” Salad, which can be served as a salad as the name suggests or as a sandwich.
For this dressing, cucumbers are a tasteful addition that adds more water and flavor to the dressing. If you have other fruit in your refrigerator, like peaches, apricots, or even tomatoes, feel free to experiment and write how it went in the comments. To add more sweetness to the dressing, add dried fruit like raisins or mangoes. Even frozen fruit (strawberries and blueberries) works well!
* six ingredients, not including the water or spices
Pumpkin Seed and Cashew Balsamic Dressing
- Food processor or a high speed blender
- 3/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 3/4 cup cucumber
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Up to about 1/2 cup of soy milk or water
- To prepare the dressing, add all of the ingredients except the water to a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Add more soy milk or water a tablespoon at a time to thin the dressing if necessary. Enjoy!